|What is the age range?
The workshop is recommended for students ages 9 – 18+. Workshops are limited to eight students.What is the student to support ratio?
Students are matched 1:1 with a design mentor. Workshops are led by a licensed Special Education teacher, with additional wrap around support.
What is the cost?
Cost of the workshop is $75. Waiver/Family Services/IRIS can be used for this workshop — authorization must be received from your case manager prior.
Students in this workshop are expected to:
1. Be able to sit and attend to a task for a minimum of 30 minutes, and then return to work after a short break
2. Be able to follow verbal directions with minimal visual support. (In our workshops, students work side by side with a professional from the creative field. Special Education supervision is provided as support.)
3. Be comfortable using a mouse (including clicking, dragging, etc.)
4. Be able to access information—such as finding images for his/her project—using a browser window
5. Be respectful of the learning environment—including fellow students and volunteers. All of our students work at a pace that is appropriate for them.